Scarring and Acne Scars
Acne Scarring & Laser Scar Removal in London
Acne post-inflammatory scars occur early after acne and it develops when a wound or irritation (like a scrape, rash, or pimple) causes your skin to become inflamed. This happens when a skin injury or trauma heals, producing too much melanin which leaves a flat area of discolouration behind. Those who have concerns over acne scarring will find specialised acne scar treatment in London that will address the scarring head-on and help to reduce the appearance and future development of any scars. We can also help you with our laser scar removal in London if you have other scarring concerns.
Request a consultation for acne scar removal in London today, and our team will book in for a convenient time for you. We’ll be able to assess your suitability for the acne scar treatment in London and suggest a bespoke plan to help you regain skin confidence.
How to Prevent Acne Scarring & Scars
Whilst acne scar treatment in London is available to help when you already have scarring, knowing the steps you need to take to prevent future skin concerns will help keep your skin as healthy as possible. Many factors can contribute to acne scarring that should be avoided where possible, including:
- Staying out of the sun. Overexposure to the sun can darken scars and make them look more prominent. But if you do go outside, practise sun safety and wear broad-spectrum sunscreen daily
- Prevent excess oil build-up and cleanse your face twice a day
- Treat acne as soon as it develops
- Exfoliate once a week to encourage new skin
- Don’t pick your spots or scabs as it’s the quickest shortcut to a scar
- Reduce inflammation by avoid doing anything that will further irritate your skin. Aggressive scrubbing and harsh skincare products should be avoided.
Following the above preventative measures should minimise the effect of acne scarring, but the good news is if you are still struggling with the aftermath of a breakout, our bespoke acne scar removal in London can help you rejuvenate your skin.
HOW WE CAN HELP WITH ACNE SCAR TREATMENT IN LONDON
Here at Salon Savant in Kings Cross, we have multiple acne scar treatment in London options to help address troublesome scarring that you may have struggled to deal with using other methods. Our expert team will be able to examine and assess your acne scar removal in London needs and recommend products to help with your skincare regime at home.
- When treating post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, look out for ingredients like vitamin C, retinoids, and acids such as alpha hydracid. Consult with your Savant specialist which products would be best for you to assist with acne scar removal in London.
- Hyaluronic filler injections are best used for atrophic scars and rolling scars. They have the advantage of immediate improvement and minimal downtime.
- Laser scar treatment in London: There are two main types of laser treatments – ablative and non-ablative. Ablative (or wounding) lasers remove thin layers of skin. Non-ablative (non-wounding) lasers stimulate collagen growth and tighten underlying skin. We can help you with both types of laser scar treatment in London.
- Radiofrequency which delivers higher energy deeper into the dermis (skin).
- Microneedling which breaks down scar tissue and stimulates the formation of new collagen. By making micro-wounds in the skin, this acne scar treatment in London forces it to produce new healthy collagen and elastin which reforms the skin.
- Microdermabrasion, where tiny crystals and other exfoliating surfaces help to remove the superficial layer of dead skin cells on your face or body. This acne scar treatment in London helps with quickly replacing the lost skin cells with new, healthy ones.
- Chemical peels to exfoliate dead and darkened scar skin cells, and also kick-start your body’s natural production of collagen.
We recommend always having a consultation prior to any acne scar removal in London treatment, where our highly experienced Savant Specialists will assess the areas you wish to treat and generate a bespoke treatment plan for you.
Enquire Today About Our Acne Scar Treatment in London
If you have been looking for effective laser scar removal in London treatment, our Savants have the expertise to ensure you’ll leave our Salon feeling rejuvenated. Our little corner of Kings Cross, a tranquil haven away from the busy London streets, is the perfect place to treat your body and mind. Not only do we have a range of non-surgical clinical treatments, but we can provide a full Spa experience, from relaxing massages to spa facials and various body treatments.
Contact us today to find out more about laser scar removal in London and speak to our friendly team at Salon Savant. Treat yourself to rest and relaxation for your whole body as well as specialist acne scar treatment in London.
Infini RF Treatment
Hollywood Spectra Peel
Obagi Skin Care In The UK
Chemical Peels In London
Bespoke & Advanced Facials