Hands are the most visible uncovered area of the body apart from face and neck; therefore it’s the first body part where signs of ageing become apparent.
Many of us take care of the skin on our faces as we age but we often neglect our hands.
Due to years of sun exposure, loss of fat volume occurring with age, and poor hand hygiene; sun spots, crepey skin and prominent veins can take on a pronounced appearance on our hands, revealing our true age even if our face looks ten years younger.
- Practice sun safety and wear broad spectrum sunscreen daily.
- To fade existing spots, look for a product with melanin-inhibiting ingredients, such as licorice root, kojic acid, or niacinamide.
- Always wear gloves when cleaning and washing the dishes.
- Wear gloves if you’re outside on a cold dry day.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Here at Savant we have multiple treatment options to treat ageing hands:
- Chemical peels and retinols used to treat facial wrinkles may also be used to improve the texture of hands. Consult with our Savant specialists on which products and treatments are best. Apply before bed to stimulate the production of thickening collagen.
- Always keep hands hydrated by using creams with hyaluronic acid will temporarily plump up the skin to make veins less obvious. Consult with our Savant specialists on which products are best suited for you.
- Injectable fillers are commonly used to repair volume in the hands and hide veins by filling in the tissue around them.
- Intense pulsed light (IPL) to help reverse the signs of aging on the hands by using light-based energy to fade sun spots and produce a more even skin tone.
We recommend having a consultation prior to the treatment, where our highly experienced Savant Specialists will assess the areas you wish to treat and generate a bespoke treatment plan for you.
Profhilo In London
Skin Rejuvenation in London
Mesotherapy In London
Healite II LED Light Facial
Cheek Fillers In London
Chemical Peels In London