- Cryopen £65
- Cryopen performed by DR £85
WHAT IS CRYOPEN USED FOR?
CryoPen is a quick, effective way to remove skin imperfection and skin lesions. It is the best skin tag removal treatment and advanced freezing innovation which provides a new solution for the removal of skin imperfections. The treatment is incredibly safe and precise, with no damage to any surrounding tissue.
The CryoPen treatment is the ideal way to remove small skin imperfections, such as:
- Skin tags
- Skin lesions
- Solar Keratosis
- Cherry Angiomas
If you have any of these skin concerns on your face or body, our Cryopen skin tag removal treatment can help.
HOW DOES IT WORK
CryoPen is a medical procedure that involves the application of nitrous oxide gas ejected under high pressure onto the skin. The gas is very cold, -89°C which helps to freeze and destroy any benign lesions. This creates a thermal shock at the region where the gas is pointed by causing a rapid drop in temperatures. The temperature drop has the effect of crystallising the fluid contents of the targeted cells, turning them into ice shards, resulting in the destruction of skin lesions as the membrane surrounding the treated cells is ruptured and destroyed.
During treatment, you may see a frost or ice field on the top of the lesion. This shouldn’t cause any worry as the frost usually goes away within a few seconds. After treatment, it is advisable to leave the area uncovered, as this speeds up the healing process. However, your practitioner may apply a simple dressing or plaster if there is a chance that the lesion may get rubbed or aggravated in any way.
How Long does it take?
With millimetre precision, the CryoPen emits nitrous oxide in a fine jet under high pressure, which freezes the unwanted skin tag/solar keratosis, The inflammation caused by the freezing in the areas promotes new skin growth underneath the area treated, so there is only minimal scarring from this process. This means that there will be no collateral damage to healthy tissue.
- The treatment is extremely precise and very quick, lasting between 5–25 seconds.
- The treatment takes only a few minutes, so you can return to your normal daily activities quickly.
- The treatment time depends on the size of the area you want to be treated.
- On average, 1-4 treatments are required.
- Treatment is suitable for all skin types
- A consultation is required before treatment.
NEED TO KNOW
- You may experience redness and a transient burning sensation, but this will resolve in 24hrs.
- There may be crust formation.
- The treated area may appear slightly dark, but this will resolve within a few days.
- Makeup must be removed prior to treatment.
- Skin must not be tanned prior to or during and after the treatment.
- Daily moisturiser must be applied.
- SPF must be used at all times for up to 30 days after treatment.
- Leave crust to fall off naturally. DO NOT PICK.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER TREATMENT
All of our skin treatments are performed by our team of experts, providing a suitable solution for many skin types and concerns. There is no downtime and no pain with this treatment. The treatment takes only a few seconds, so you can return to your normal daily activities quickly. The skin tag/solar keratosis will usually change colour and fall off after a few days. A very small area around the surrounding skin may change colour and become slightly red for a week. There is no need to apply any creams or lotions, and there is no need to keep it covered.
BOOK YOUR CONSULTATION
A consultation is required before your appointment with our skin specialists. More complex lesions should be examined first and treated by a suitably qualified medical professional, so you may wish to speak to your GP about them first. Book your consultation today.
We look forward to helping you regain skin confidence with our CryoPen treatment in London. Please get in contact with the team if you’d like to find out more.