Enlarged pores are depressions in the facial skin surface that contain one or more openings to the ducts carrying sweat and oil from their respective eccrine glands and sebaceous glands.
- Increased sebum production
- Hair follicle size/increased hair follicle volume
- Recurrent acne
- Unhygienic skin care regimen
- Use of comedogenic products
- Loss of skin elasticity with age
- Sun damage
- Keep your face clean by cleansing twice daily and exfoliate once a week
- Practice sun safety and wear broad spectrum sunscreen daily
- Use makeup sparingly and use non-comodogenic products, meaning it doesn’t clog pores
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Avoid hot showers
HOW WE CAN HELP
Here at Savant King’s Cross, we have multiple treatment options to treat enlarged pores:
- Have our Chemical peels that use glycolic acid, salicylic acid and retinoids which helps accelerate cellular turnover and force excess sebum out of pores, reducing the volume within them and therefore diminishes their appearance -Microdermabrasion, removes the top layer of skin so that a new layer of firmer, more elastic and smooth skin can form.
- Laser, radiofrequency and ultrasound; Targeted thermal or ultrasound energy remodels collagen fibers to increase skin elasticity and reduce sebum production.
We recommend having a consultation prior to the treatment, where our highly experienced Savant Specialists will assess the areas you wish to treat and generate a bespoke treatment plan for you.