Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Fine lines and wrinkles are caused by the breakdown of collagen and elastin in the skin. Collagen and elastin provide the support structure for skin, helping to keep it smooth and resilient. As these fibers break down, the skin begins to lose its strength and elasticity. When this happens, fine lines and wrinkles can begin to appear.
As the name suggests, fine lines are small, shallow creases that are only as deep as the topmost layer of your skin. These lines are up to two millimetres deep and often indicate the beginning of your skin’s ageing process. You’ll usually see these lines first around your eyes and mouth because the skin there is relatively thin and moves a lot during the day.
Repetitive movements such as:
- Side sleeping
As well as
- Sun exposure
- Fair skin
- Dry skin
- Practice sun safety and wear broad spectrum sunscreen daily.
- Adopt healthy habits i.e no smoking and excessive drinking, hydrate your skin by drinking more water.
- Invest in good skincare by having a consultation with our skincare experts at Savant.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Here at Savant King’s Cross we have multiple treatment options to treat fine lines & wrinkles:
- Microneedling at Savant, where you will have very tiny holes poked into your skin in the treatment area. These holes will then stimulate the collagen beneath them to repair itself, smoothing out your lines. Be sure to use the serum and other products provided by your Savant Specialist after your treatment to ensure best results.
- Wrinkle Relaxing Injectables at the Continental Skin Clinic. We offer several options, including the ever-popular Botox. Botox is derived from botulinum toxin but is exceedingly safe and effective on fine lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive muscle movements of the face. It temporarily paralyses these small muscles to relax the wrinkles.
- Fillers at the Continental Skin Clinic – Using hyaluronic acid, dermal fillers gently and naturally replace the lost volume in the areas of your face that are prone to wrinkles or sagging by increasing fluid in the injected area. Dermal fillers will make your skin appear plumper and will smooth out deep wrinkles and folds. Juvederm is one of the most frequently discussed fillers. Juvederm Volbella uses a special combination of hyaluronic acid molecules that work particularly well beneath the skin and can provide results for up to a year. Restylane Silk is particularly formulated for fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth; it lasts for approximately six months.
We recommend having a consultation prior to the treatment, where our highly experienced Savant Specialists will assess the areas you wish to treat and generate a bespoke treatment plan for you.
Anti-Wrinkle Toxin Injections
Advanced Chemical Peels
IV VITAMIN DRIPS & BOOSTER SHOTS