After a certain age, tissues tend to shrink, especially around the labia majora. This can compromise the natural protection of the vulva and lead to localised pain. Vulvo-vaginal dryness is the degradation of tissues that can be perceived as discomfort or burning, increased sensitivity or chronic irritation and itching which can lead to wounds.
HOW DO OUR INJECTIONS RELIEVE VULVO-VAGINAL DISORDERS?
Injections bring hyaluronic acid directly into the tissues of the vulvo-vaginal area to contribute to its efficient hydration. This leads to the synthesis of elastin and collagen fibres to improve the quality of the vulvo-vaginal mucosa.
During menopause, the tissues of the vulvar area are particularly affected by the decreasing oestrogen production. Without oestrogen, the vaginal mucosa thins and dries out, making it weaker. The vagina becomes less supple and less elastic. Vagina’s natural protection mechanisms become less effective, exacerbating the risk of vaginal infection.
As a result, global discomfort and the modification of the vulvo-vaginal mucosa can have an adverse effect on the women’s quality of daily life.
HOW WE CAN HELP
- Vaginal Discomfort
- Chronic Irritation
- Hydration of the vulvo -vaginal area
- Soothing effect of the irritated areas
- Improvement of the genital mucosal tissues
- Hypotrophy, atrophy of the labia majora (volume loss)
- Aesthetic concerns
- Strengthening of the protective function of the labia majora induced by the increase in volume
- Improvement of the aesthetic appearance of the vulvo-vaginal area
Intimate Chemical Peels
Obagi Skin System