Loss of Volume in Face
As we age, our skin’s collagen and elastin tend to decrease, leading to volume loss in face key areas such as cheekbones, the under-eye area and cheeks. It can also make certain areas look heavier, such as the jowls and neck, which can lead to sagging skin and may sometimes alter the structure and shape of our whole face. Lost volume in face, especially when paired with increased fat pads lower in the face and neck, is a common factor of ageing.
The three main face volume loss causes are hormonal changes, environmental factors, and extreme diet and exercise.
- Hormonal changes
- Environmental factors such as Smoking, UV damage, stress and pollution. All these produce free radicals, which break down collagen and elastin, reducing the “Biological Velcro” that holds our tissues up and prevent gravitational descent.
- Weight loss and extreme dieting
- Sun exposure
- Avoid yo-yo diets and excessive exercise
- Eat healthily to maintain a healthy weight and happy hormones
- Supplements to support skin and boost collagen production
- Practice sun safety and wear broad spectrum sunscreen daily
- Reducing stress
- Quit smoking and reduce exposure to secondary smoke
- Improve skin and tissue quality (ie boost collagen and elastin) through skin products and treatments
HOW WE CAN HELP
Our specialised Doctor can design specific programs to address loss of facial volume. At Savant, we only use gold standard products and treatments to help improve feature definition to restore youthful volume and enhance facial balance and harmony.
Here at Savant King’s Cross we have multiple treatment options to treat loss of volume in the face:
- Dermal filler treatments – Injectables can help shape and restore plumpness to fill out sunken facial areas caused by volume loss.
- Profhilo to boost the skins own production of collagen, refining and hydrating the skin.
- Volite HA boost using Juvederm Volite Dermal Fillers with Hyaluronic acid to boost skin and encourage rejuvenation of lost volume in the face over time.
- Microneedling where tiny needles are rolled across the epidermis to encourage new collagen production.
We recommend having a consultation prior to the treatment, where our highly experienced Savant Specialists will assess the areas you wish to treat and generate a bespoke treatment plan for you.
Cheeks, Chin & Jawline Fillers
Hollywood Spectra Peel
Anti-Wrinkle Toxin Injections