Discover the Best Treatment for Melasma
If your skin has developed brown or greyish patches on the surface, you may be suffering from Melasma. Here at Savant, we can help those who have experienced difficulty in resolving this type of skin issue with specialist Melasma laser treatment. Targeting the areas of your skin affected by this change in pigmentation, we can help restore your skin confidence and improve its appearance.
Book a consultation with our expert team today and we’ll assess your concerns to determine your suitability for Melasma laser treatment in London.
What is Melasma?
Melasma, also known as ‘chloasma’ and ‘pregnancy mask’, is a common skin condition that affects both women and men. It causes the skin to darken, with brown or greyish patches of pigmentation (colour) common to develop. The parts of the face this usually appears on are:
As well as the face, some people may find the effects of Melasma on other parts of the body, especially areas that are more prone to sun exposure such as your back, neck, legs, and arms.
Those who suffer from this condition, whilst it is not painful, may have found it difficult to remedy the appearance of Melasma with products alone. That’s why we’re pleased to offer Melasma removal treatment that can specifically target skin discolouration and restore a more natural complexion.
What Causes Melasma?
The exact cause of Melasma is not known, but it is thought to be triggered by pigment-producing cells in the skin (melanocytes) producing too much pigment (melanin). Those with a naturally darker skin pigment may develop Melasma more so than fair-skinned individuals.
Several factors can contribute to the development of Melasma:
- Internal hormonal changes during pregnancy
- Using hormonal drugs such as birth control pills and hormone replacements
- Sun damage due to UV light affecting melanocytes
At Savant, we can help assess your skin condition and determine if Melasma treatment in London will provide the desired results. Usually, this will involve a visual exam to check the areas of concern and whether it is Melasma or another skin tone condition.
Can I Prevent the Symptoms of Melasma?
Those suffering from Melasma understandably want to reduce its appearance, which is why finding the best treatment for Melasma for your skin type is recommended. Our expert team will advise the best course of Melasma laser treatment to provide optimum results. There are a few things you can do in your day-to-day to avoid developing Melasma, including:
- Avoiding known triggers such as birth control pills and hormone therapy
- Practice sun safety and wear broad-spectrum sunscreen daily
- Wearing a wide-brimmed hat that shields or provides shade for your face
- Wearing protective clothing is especially important if you’ll be in the sun for an extended period of time.
Following the above can help improve your chances of avoiding the symptoms of Melasma, but in some instances, this may still occur. Booking in for a consultation at Savant will help to alleviate any concerns you may have if your skin does start to develop darker patches. If suitable, we can then perform Melasma removal treatment quickly the same day.
How We Can Help You with Melasma Laser Treatment in London
Whilst there is no cure for Melasma, there are treatments that can help reduce the symptoms. At Savant, our experienced non-surgical team will provide a bespoke treatment plan to help drastically improve the appearance of Melasma. You’ll experience the best treatment for melasma that works for you, ensuring you can leave our Kings Cross clinic with noticeable results. Some of the common treatments that may work for you include:
- Chemical peels can improve Melasma by removing the outermost cells of the skin that contain the pigment. They are always undertaken by an experienced practitioner as they could make the pigmentation worse, lightening the skin too much or potentially cause scarring.
- Microdermabrasion techniques help to remove the top layer of the skin to improve Melasma. However, dramatic results are not generally seen or expected after one or two treatments so more may be required depending on the individual.
- Microneedling is a process where the skin is repeatedly punctured with tiny needles. This helps medical creams penetrate deeper into the skin to provide a solution.
- Some types of Melasma laser treatment in London will also remove the outer layer of the skin, whereas others target the pigment-producing cells (melanocytes). The success of laser therapy is variable, and there may be risks associated with this treatment.
We always recommend having a consultation prior to undergoing Melasma removal treatment. Our highly experienced Savant Specialists will assess the areas you wish to target and generate a bespoke treatment plan for you. We always aim to help our clients experience the best treatment for Melasma that provides the exact results they’re looking for.
Book Your Melasma Treatment in London Today
We look forward to helping you discover the right combination of Melasma removal treatments for your skin concerns. Whilst visiting our spa and clinic nestled away within the busy Kings Cross area, you can experience many different bespoke treatments to help you feel refreshed and reinvigorated.
As well as choosing the best treatment for Melasma available, you can enjoy relaxing spa massages and body treatments, to other clinic treatments such as dermal fillers, laser hair bleaching and more.
Obagi Skin Care In The UK
Chemical Peels In London
Healite II LED Light Facial