Nail Fungal Infection
Onychomycosis, also called tinea unguium, is a fungal infection that affects either the fingernails or toenails. Although nail fungal is not usually serious, it can be unpleasant and cause the nail to become discoloured, thickened, brittle, distorted and sometimes release an odour.
We treat nail fungal with our Spectra XT ND:Yag laser. Sessions are painless and quick. Full treatment can be expected within 3-4 sessions. The treatment saves the nail so you don’t have to cut it / remove it and wait for it to grow back.
A fungal nail infection occurs from the overgrowth of fungi in, under, or on the nail. Fungi thrive in warm, moist environments, so this type of environment can cause them to naturally overpopulate.
Pathogens that cause nail fungal infection usually enter the skin through tiny cuts or small separations between the nail and nail bed. The fungi grow when the nail provides a suitably warm and moist environment.
- Keeping nails short, dry, and clean and drying your feet well after showering, especially between your toes
- Wearing socks that breathe, usually synthetic
- Refraining from picking or biting nails
- Wear shoes or sandals in public places and pools – don’t walk barefoot
- Ensuring that your manicure or pedicure salon properly sterilises tools, which we, at Salon Savant do
- Washing hands after touching infected nails– Avoiding sharing shoes and socks
HOW WE CAN HELP
Here at Savant King’s Cross, we have multiple treatment options to treat Nail Fungal:
- Consult with your Savant specialist on your Nail Fungal Laser Treatment and which antifungal homecare products are best for you
- Get manicures or pedicures from trustworthy salons such as Savant King’s Cross
- Have a Medical pedicure with us using Dermal Infusion Technology (DIT)
We recommend having a consultation prior to the treatment, where our highly experienced Savant Specialists will assess the areas you wish to treat and generate a bespoke treatment plan for you.