If you have concerns with loose or sagging skin, knowing what the causes and preventative measures are can go a long way to helping you feel more skin confident. Sagging skin usually occurs from internal or external factors that affect the key molecules, vital for helping keep the skin elastic, firm, and hydrated. When this process is disrupted, loose skin under the chin, sagging jowls and less than firm cheeks can be experienced.
Whilst we all accept the ageing process happens to the best of us, growing old gracefully doesn’t mean you can’t get some help along the way with London loose skin treatment options. Request a consultation with our experts today and we’ll help recommend the best course of sagging face treatment in London for you.
What Causes Sagging Skin?
As we get older, the skin loses its youthful exuberance and begins to loosen on your face, neck, and the rest of your body. This can also be the result of other factors apart from age, such as from weight loss. Your eyelids, jowls, chin, throat, stomach, and upper arms can all be susceptible to sagging skin. The main causes of this are:
- Skin loosening that occurs with age that is mostly due to a loss of collagen networks, elastin fibres, and hyaluronic acid — the molecule that helps the skin retain moisture. Elastin gives the skin it’s firmness, so when this decreases, the skin loses its ability to bounce back. Collagen is responsible for keeping the skin taut and firm and again will struggle to do so when it breaks down as we age.
- Weight loss, especially significant or rapid weight loss, and pregnancy can loosen the skin by stretching skin molecules or changing the structure of the skin. If an area of your body has had extra weight for a while then suddenly loses it, the skin may not react to this change and stay stretched. This is also especially true if you have sudden weight loss when older as your skin will already be less firm and taut than when younger.
Several other health and lifestyle factors can also contribute to loose or sagging skin, these include:
- Ultraviolet (UV) light damage
- Certain medications, such as steroids and corticosteroids
- Skin products or detergents that contain harsh chemicals
- Drinking alcohol
- Poor nutrition
- Environmental pollutants
All of the above will affect how your skin reacts over time, with some more difficult to avoid than others. This is why sagging skin will affect some individuals differently to others and can occur much earlier in life for some depending on their general health and lifestyle.
How to Prevent Sagging Skin?
- Practice sun safety and wear broad spectrum sunscreen daily
- Use firming products such as gels and creams for the topical treatment of minor cases of loose skin. People who wish to purchase a firming product should look for products containing retinoid compounds. Retinoids are potent antioxidants that may boost collagen production.
- Antioxidants can also help stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin. Examples of the antioxidants present in some foods, drinks, and nutritional supplements include vitamins A, C, D, and E coenzyme Q10 selenium zinc.
- Exercise regularly as this will tighten muscles and reduce the look of minor sagging skin when it appears. Pilates, weightlifting and facial exercises can all help to prevent the appearance of sagging skin.
If you have sagging and loose skin, we can help address minor to moderate issues with a range of loose skin treatments in London that our Savants can recommend.
How We Can Help with Sagging Skin Treatment in London
Here at Salon Savant in Kings Cross, we have multiple sagging skin treatment London options to treat this common problem. You can address loose skin under the chin with these sagging neck solutions and much more from our experts:
- Massage may improve blood flow and stimulate fibroblasts. Fibroblasts are cells that help produce connective tissues, such as collagen and elastin, that keeps skin firm. You can experience relaxing massages that free your body and mind whilst stimulating the skin to melt away your concerns.
- Laser treatments and therapy such as IPL or Ultraformer III that will provide a non-surgical solution and alternative to a traditional facelift.
We highly recommend having a consultation prior to any treatment with us, where our highly experienced Savant Specialists will assess the areas you wish to treat and generate a bespoke treatment plan for you.
Book a Sagging Face Treatment Today
We look forward to hearing from our Savantelle to speak through any concerns you may have with your skin or any other services you’re wishing to find out more about. Please contact us and we’ll help you book a consultation before treatment.
In our hidden oasis away from the busy London streets in Kings Cross, you can experience tranquil surroundings with the aid of our expert team who will ensure your experience with us is a welcoming and rejuvenating one. You can purchase any of the products we use in our salon from our Savant Shop to carry on your experience at home too.
Cheeks, Chin & Jawline Fillers